We are thrilled to announce the full list of finalists and winners of the 2014 Act-Belong-Commit Awards.
Mentally Healthy WA's Act‐Belong‐Commit campaign is changing the way Western Australians think about mental health and mental illness. Research conducted by Curtin University indicates that Act‐ Belong‐Commit is getting people to think proactively about their mental wellbeing and giving them a more positive view of what being mentally healthy means.
Act-Belong-Commit is a mental health promotion campaign that encourages individuals to take action to protect and promote their own mental wellbeing.
Sand Tracks is a remote Indigenous contemporary music touring program run by Country Arts WA. Proudly sponsored by Healthway promoting the Act-Belong-Commit message. This project aims to build skills and experience to present performing arts shows in your community, while also developing Aboriginal artists.
Over the last 15 years Fred Smith has emerged as one of Australia's most interesting songwriters. He has spent the last 15 years all over the joint: working on peace keeping missions in Afghanistan and the South Pacific, touring in America and travelling the Australian festival circuit.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - "I will be kind to myself, whether I praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything I do."
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Latest News & Updates
We’re pleased to support our campaign ambassador Garth Civil on his latest personal challenge, a climb to the summit of Mount Imja Tse (more commonly known as Island Peak) in Nepal.
Garth, a career firefighter, has been involved with Act-Belong-Commit as campaign ambassador since 2013 and very much lives and breathes the Act-Belong-Commit ethos.
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...