Make your own Act-Belong-Commit Christmas-themed bunting with these simple steps:
This festive season, Mentally Healthy WA's Act-Belong-Commit team is inviting you to boost your mental wellbeing by participating in the Act-Belong-Commit Christmas Challenge
A program to boost school students’ mental health and wellbeing has been launched!
As part of Postnatal Depression Awareness Week, Mentally Healthy WA released a new information resource, "Keeping Mentally Healthy – A Guide for New Dads".
The Mental Health Commission will be offering a number of small grants to government, non government, private, and not for profit organisations to improve the mental health outcomes of women experiencing or at risk of perinatal depression and their infants as part of the 2014/2015 National Perinatal Depression Initiative (NPDI) Project Agreement.
It's not only about encouraging help seeking, it's also about what new and expecting parents can do to keep mentally healthy and prevent the onset of mental health problems.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - "I will be kind to myself, whether I praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything I do."
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Latest News & Updates
We’re pleased to support our campaign ambassador Garth Civil on his latest personal challenge, a climb to the summit of Mount Imja Tse (more commonly known as Island Peak) in Nepal.
Garth, a career firefighter, has been involved with Act-Belong-Commit as campaign ambassador since 2013 and very much lives and breathes the Act-Belong-Commit ethos.
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...