Each Radio Lollipop volunteer has a commitment to provide 2 hours per week of interactive play with children using a comprehensive range of fun and interactive activities developed over the years by Radio Lollipop. A broadcast radio studio is part of the armoury of activities in our "toy box" and is provided at most of the hospitals where the Radio Lollipop service operates, providing a unique child-orientated programme of interactive competitions, music, stories and games.
What qualities should a potential Volunteer be able to demonstrate?
- An enthusiastic, positive and outgoing personality
- An interest in playing with children, of all ages and creeds, in an interactive way
- An understanding of the benefits that constructive play can provide for a sick child and their siblings
- The ability to be a dependable team player
- An appreciation of the need to uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity whilst within and without a hospital
- The ability to meet the requirement to provide two hours of voluntary play each week.
- Once appointed what might a Radio Lollipop Volunteer be expected to do?
- Attend the compulsory induction and training programme
- Join a ward-based team and observe / participate in the play activities / games and competitions agreed as the theme for the evening
- Assist with the production and development of themed play activities
- Hand out prizes to winners of competitions (and those who deserve to be winners!)
- Help with fundraising for the local station
- Develop radio presentation skills
For more information on volunteering opportunities, contact: www.radiolollipop.org
Princess Margaret Hospital – 9340 8835, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremantle Hospital - 9340 8835, email@example.com
Joondalup Health Campus - 9340 8835, firstname.lastname@example.org
St John of God Hospital Murdoch - 9340 8835, email@example.com
Kelmscott Memorial Hospital - 9340 8835, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital - 9340 8835, email@example.com
Rockingham Kwinana District Hospital - 9340 8835, firstname.lastname@example.org